As a Friend of Wisdom, you support:
- Discovering Our Story Program, our health and wellness initiative
- Wisdom Gardens, indigenous foods micro-enterprise
- Wisdom Radio, Series Four: Indigenous Response to Climate Change
- The Wisdom Project, our Native youth leadership initiative
- Northwest Indian Storytellers Association’s annual tribal storytelling festival and apprenticeship program
Wisdom of the Elders connects the wisdom of our Native American elders with younger generations and our diverse community.
Your contribution is 100% tax-deductible
(Tax ID# 93-1164114)
Kind words from our Friends
“I am so pleased and fortunate to be here, working and sharing with Wisdom of the Elders organization; more than anything I want to learn, I want to hear the stories of the Elders. I think if we are good students to these teachers, we will learn to live well, live now, with a heart full of compassion; think of all that their eyes have seen, how much joy and pain their hearts have experienced. I have always called their teachings ‘heart treasures.’ What treasures they have to share!
~ Teresa Florendo
~ Jacquelyn Nielsen
~ Rochelle Nielsen