[click on the image above to learn more, and begin the journey]
Survivance is a game for Indigenous health and wellness that asks us to listen to, reflect on, and create stories in any medium that inspires us. By listening to the stories of our elders and reflecting, we are inspired to create acts of survivance — Indigenous self-expression in any medium that tells a story about our active presence in the world now.
Stories take us on a journey of transformation.
- The Orphan: Questioning our circumstances.
- The Wanderer: Wandering in search of answers in unfamiliar places.
- The Caretaker: Befriending and caring about others.
- The Warrior: Confronting a challenge.
- The Changer: Returning, transformed, to help others start their journeys.
Utilizing the content of Discovering Our Story, Survivance guides participants through quests built upon the Hero’s Journey themes above. Within each theme are the quests, representing collective values of listening, understanding, encouragement.
With support by Aboriginal Territories in Cyberspace, Aboriginal History Media Arts Lab, Potlatch Fund, and Simon Fraser University’s School of Interactive Arts & Technology.
© 2008 – 2013. Wisdom of the Elders, Inc.